Resources on the galician language
MAIN WEBSITES OF INTEREST
- Linguistic Normalization Board
Independent platform whose aim is to demand language rights and promote the use of Galician in all social circles. It organizes campaigns to raise awareness and demand rights, and further gives advice and offers collaboration with other entities that share the same aims.
- Local Government Association for Galician Language (ALINGUA)
Local Government Association whose aim is to promote the use of Galician in all social circles.
- The Association of Writers in Galician Language
Official entity that gathers over 415 writers of Galician literature in all its manifestations: poetry, fiction, theatre, essay, scientifical writing, translations...
- On-line Galician Language bibliography
On-line database with bibliographic information on research and dissemination works, in Galician, carried out by the Ramón Piñeiro Centre for research in humanities.
- Galician Sociolinguistics Documentation Centre
Entity dedicated to the compilation, classification and dissemination of specialized sociolinguistics documentation in Galician and other minority languages.
- Ramón Piñeiro Centre for Research in Humanities
A centre dedicated to the promotion and support of investigation in the areas of literature, Galician, translation, bibliographic documentation, social sciences...
- Council for Galician Culture
A statutory body, that is a separate legal entity, which is responsible for the defence and promotion of cultural and linguistic values of the Galician people. It carries out these aims through offering advice, education and investigation in all areas that make up our cultural heritage.
Gateway of cultural dissemination of the “Consello da Cultura Galega” (Council for Galician Culture) with information and resources on current events and Galician.
- Online Galician Courses. Level Celga 1, 2, 3 and 4
Free digital resource for learnig Galician. Level Celga 1, 2, 3 and 4 (A2, B1, B2 and C1 in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
- Dictionary of the Royal Academy of Galicia
On-line Galician dictionary published by the RAG containing around 60,000 entries.
- Galician Language Institute
University of Santiago de Compostela Research Centre, which is specialized in the scientific study of Galician. It also carries out educational teaching activities, gives technical advice to institutions and people about linguistic standardization and promotes and defends the Galician language.
- Instituto Galego de Estatística (2019): Enquisa estrutural a fogares 2018. Coñecemento e uso do galego.
Survey on language uses of the population in Galicia.
- Laws regarding Galician language
Compilation of existing linguistic legislation related to Galician.
- Portal das Palabras
Website dedicated to the dissemitation and teaching of galician vocabulary.
- Royal Academy of Galicia
A scientific institution whose main aim is the study of Galician culture, especially, the illustration, defence and promotion of Galician.
- General Secretariat for Language Policy at the Xunta de Galicia
Body attached to the Xunta de Galicia whose aim is to promote and teach Galician.
- Seminario de Sociolingüística da Real Academia Galega (2018): Lingua e sociedade en Galicia. Resumo de resultados 1992-2016, A Coruña, Real Academia Galega.
Description of the sociolinguistic situation in Galicia, based on the differents parameters (mother tongue, first language, linguistic skills, language attitudes....) during the period 1992-2016.